John G. Loughnane is a partner in the Business Department. He has more than twenty-five years of experience focused on growing and restructuring companies including serving as Regional Corporate Counsel (North America) for PTC (NASDAQ: PTC).
Recent client matters include:
- Distressed debt buyer of real property and hospitality business assets
- Secured party in chapter 11 proceedings commenced by real estate subdivision developer
- Contract manufacturer in negotiations with buyer of distressed bio-pharmaceutical customer
- Large publicly traded technology company in creditors rights and financing matters
- Secured lender in recovery on its claim in out of court dissolution of clean energy business
- Hospitality company in chapter 11 proceedings and successful Section 363 sale transaction
- Substantial healthcare organization in protection of its rights as licensee of technology
- Regional retailer in senior and junior financing transaction
- Chapter 7 Trustees and other fiduciaries in sales of technology, IP and other assets
- Officers and directors of emerging growth companies
- Unsecured creditors, landlords and others confronting financial distress of counter-parties
John co-chairs both the Technology & Intellectual Property Committee and Special Projects/Task Force of the Mediation Committee of the American Bankruptcy Institute. He also serves on the Board of Directors of the Turnaround Management Association – Northeast Chapter as Treasurer. From 2013-2015 he served as co-chair of the Bankruptcy Section of the Boston Bar Association.
John is an active member of the community serving as a corporate trustee (and past co-chair of the Conservation Council) of the Trustees of Reservations, a member of the Board of Directors of the Holy Cross Lawyers Association, and as a board member of the George Washington University Law Alumni Association. He is a past president of the Holy Cross Club of Boston and a volunteer and leader for various youth organizations.
Prior to joining Nutter, in addition to his in-house experience at PTC, John worked as a partner at a national law firm in Boston. John served as a law clerk for the Honorable Ronald R. Lagueux of the United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island, following graduation from law school.
For a complete list of John’s publications/articles/speeches, please click here.