Benjamin L. Mack is a partner in the Litigation Department and focuses his practice on securities litigation, government investigations, commercial business disputes, bankruptcy litigation and intellectual property litigation. He has significant experience with securities class actions, shareholder derivative actions and internal investigations. He has represented major corporations and senior executives in the healthcare, financial services, technology, insurance, pharmaceutical and medical device industries.
Some of his recent representations include:
- Investigating alleged securities law violations on behalf of special litigation committee of Fortune 500 company
- Winning bench trial in bankruptcy court on Chapter 7 Trustee’s primary objection to client’s $5 million claim
- Advising Massachusetts government office concerning SEC investigation
- Conducting investigations of client’s Medicare billing practices and representing client in successful follow-on mediation with billing vendor
- Obtaining substantial award in fee arbitration for international law firm
- Representing national clothing retailer in litigation aspects of Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- Obtaining dismissal of derivative actions brought to enjoin corporate merger
- Winning dismissal of Civil RICO claims against regional healthcare organization
- Winning dismissal of federal trademark infringement action brought against major automobile manufacturer
Benjamin is admitted to practice in Massachusetts, the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
During law school, Benjamin was an Associate Editor of the Northwestern University Law Review, extern to Chief Judge Charles P. Kocoras of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and a student attorney in the Northwestern Legal Clinic.